Here is Belle with her daddy.
And with me. (Not a good picture of either of us, but a great pic of the wrap.)
So, off we went to look for rocks for Luke. It was a lot of fun and we got a lot of great exercise at the same time.
We were able to find some neat rocks and some big ones to pose/rest on. Luke got really tired on our trek. He needs to get out more!
So, about this wrap. I have been looking into babywearing. Yesterday, I got the idea to look through my fabric stash and see if there was anything I could try. I found a large piece of knit fabric. It was in a large tube for t-shirt making. I cut off some of it just like it was and left it in the tube. I used it for a newborn sling.
This picture doesn't show it well, since I don't have a small enough child to pose with, but maybe you can get the idea. (Face removed to protect the
The rest wasn't quite long enough and after taking off a little more for a spare or gift sling, I cut the fabric so that it was no longer a tube. Then, (once Belle was napping, since she isn't a very good seamstress, yet but wants to be) I sewed it together to make a 6 yard piece of fabric about 27 inches in width. I practiced some ways to wrap it and we had a great time on our walk. Belle loves it and doesn't want to get out when she is in!
I don't want to carry my babies around with me all the time, like some of the advocates of babycarrying do, but I love the idea of being hands-free so that I can do the things that I need to do when I do need to hold a child.
2 comments:
I had checked into http://www.hotslings.com/ Hot Slings when I was pregnant a couple of years back (before I lost the baby) but making your own is very talented!
Thanks! It is really just a large piece of fabric, though!
Post a Comment