CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Storage, Football and Chocolate

It has been a really crazy couple of days. That title could include several more things, but, I'll save them for other posts, when I have pictures to accompany them.

About a week ago, my brother-in-law called and told us about an ad in the newspaper for a job/apartment. It would be managing a storage facility and getting free rent and utilities. It sounds great, but after going and seeing the situation, we aren't so sure we want it. The apartment is only two bedrooms and is probably about the same size that we have right now. We are feeling cramped and a new baby would only add to that. The facilty is isolated and in an industrial area. There would be no yard for the kids or dog to play in and that is one of the main things we are looking for when we move, this time. They also really prefer not to have dogs there and that is a deal-breaker for us. We aren't willing to get rid of her. She is a part of our family. That has been the big news this week, but I think we are going to look elsewhere. We'd really rather have our own home.

Aaron started coaching football. This is something that I never thought would happen. He isn't really a sports fan, but he is really getting into and loving this. He is an assistant coach for the 9th grade team at the middle school where he works.

On to chocolate. Aaron had a plate of yummy homemade fudge, with marshmallows and M&Ms around it. Belle loved the M&Ms and kept wanting more. She asked for more and then said that it would make her feel better. It was the cutest thing. She is definitely a girl, if a little bit of chocolate in her mouth is like therapy!!

So, my house is a wreck and I have a ton to do. I hope I get a lot of it done, but Monday there's no school, so Aaron can help if it pours over to the weekend. We have had a busy and stressful week, so I may take it easy and not push to get everything perfect. If such a thing is possible!

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I'm sure a better place/opportunity will present itself. Good luck with everything you have to do.

Amber said...

Good decision to pass on that ad. The industrial area would have been the deal-breaker for me. Something about having a place for my kids to play.

Phae-Jae said...

Having access to the outdoors is so important the older they get! I'd pass too.

That fudge sounds Sooo good:)

Ice Cream said...

We've passed on many "great deals" like these and never regretted it.

Sounds busy but happy over there =)