Luke started taking karate classes, a couple of weeks ago. He is really loving it and learning a lot. I am really liking the things they are teaching as well. The rules of his karate school are:
1. Obey your parents.
2. Clean your room.
3. No fighting.
Part of advancing is to complete a chore chart. He has to practice karate, brush his teeth and clean his room. It has really helped to get him motivated to do those things.
Their room stays fairly clean most of the time, so I got him to clean the floor. The vacuum is too bulky for him, so I taught him how to use the dust buster. He was really thorough!
They also focus a lot on teaching discipline, self-defense, self-control, not being/acting like a victim, focusing on the thing you are aiming for, coordination and so many other things. It is really good for him.
(Spell check is back on!! Happy dance!)
3 comments:
You don't get that from ballet or art lessons! I'll have to use this next time I tell my husband I want the kids in karate classes.
I love the dustbusting, what a good little ninja.
Hmmm...send that little cutie & his dust buster over to do my stairs...I hate lugging the big ole vacuum up them all the time.
Post a Comment