CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Picture Care

I am really bad about pictures. I love to take them, but they sit on my memory card for a long time and then on my computer. From there I eventually get them over to my desktop and after that they get organized into folders including one for pictures I want to print. So far, I haven't printed any pictures of my kids. (I've been taking digital pictures of my kids since Luke was about 7 months old, so there are A LOT of pictures waiting in line.) I have backed them up with CDs, but I don't know where they are and there are several that have been missed.

Our desktop is on the verge of crashing and so I made a backup of my files from it. I put them on a 4 GB jump drive (thanks to my MIL) and then I uploaded 525 of them to the Internet! It feels really good to have them in a place that they most likely won't get erased, burned, drenched or any other horrible thing that happens to pictures.

For now, my goal is to upload all of the pictures that I have of our kids. Later I'll print them and put them into some kind of album. I'm really not into scrapbooking, so they'll hopefully end up in an album where they can actually be enjoyed, rather than on a disk!

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I'm really good about backing up my pictures to CD's as soon as I take them off my camera. My struggle is to get them from the CD to a point where I actually print them! But I've started scrapbooking again, very slowly, and maybe some day I'll catch up.

tearese said...

wow, thats gonna be a lot of pictures!
I put mine on the computer soon after I take them. Then I organize them into files by date. Then I make smaller copies of them to use in emails and on my blog.
About every two or three months, I print them and put them in photo albums. The ones in the albums are labeled on the back and in the book.
Every six months or so, I make a page to put in my kids' scrapbooks, just to show their age.

My mom always pushed labeling and organizing pictures, because when my grandma died she had all these shoe boxes full and no one knew who any of the people in the pics were, so they got thrown away!