Trusting in my cooking
skills, I thought I could make my own crab rangoon. I didn't really go from a recipe. I should have. I put the crab (imitation, because I've seen what they do to poor little crabs) in the blender with cream cheese. It was too thick, so it was REALLY hard to get all the same, smooth consistency. I finally got that under control and then I really needed more cream cheese to balance out the amount of crab that I bought.

From there I had to figure out the best way to wrap them. I tried the "flower" shape. They looked really good, but they were hard to keep the filling in.

I changed to an envelope/tortellini shape.

That worked a lot better. Overall, I enjoyed making them and eating them. I still have filling and wrappers left. I think I might make more for my breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment