CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

House Hunting

We started looking at houses! We aren't ready to buy, since we need to sell our place, first, but we wanted to start to see what available.

There are some really cute houses that we could afford, so we are excited and we want to sell as soon as we can!

So, we get to the first house and Belle went up the stairs while we looked downstairs. We didn't think much of it until we went to see the upstairs, too. We couldn't find her. It wasn't a huge upstairs, either. We looked in closets and behind doors. Then we realized she was behind a closed door...a LOCKED, closed door. Since she is two and a half, we couldn't get her to unlock the door.

They had an outside door knob, so there weren't any screws to get it off. We called the selling agent and she called the seller. The seller had never had the key, so they couldn't help us. Our agent and Aaron were able to bust into the room without much damage at all. There were tons of coats of paint, and that is what got chipped off.

Belle wasn't too traumatised, but she was a little scared!

So, the rest of the hunting was fun &/or enlightening. There were several that were in really bad shape, but then after those we saw several that we'd love!

7 comments:

Mrs. O said...

That sounds like an exciting trip. I love house hunting (except when you see several bad ones in a row).

Ice Cream said...

How scary (the locked door) and how exciting (finding cute houses that you can afford). I wish we could find anything even remotely liveable in our price range here.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Kids do the craziest things~ Glad you were able to get her out without damaging the house!

Happy Househunting! Looking is fun. Choosing and moving aren't so much.

2Forgetful said...

That's so scary! I broke or removed all the locks on inside doors here but I didn't even think about how one of my kids could lock themselves in at another home.

Phae-Jae said...

KIDS! Glad you were able to get her out:D

I love watching house hunters, because I love house hunting! Have fun

Mayhem And Miracles said...

It's a good thing you didn't fall in love with the place; Belle wouldn't care a whole lot for living there I bet! Hope you find the perfect place when the time is right.

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I am always scared I'm gonna lock one of the kids in the car.

House-hunting with our three hooligans is crazy. But I'll tell you, they find what is wrong with the house really quickly, so they're good to have along.