CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

How Does This Work?

I don't quite get it, but I have a theory...

This summer we got so little done it is...shameful! It was really nice to have a vacation together and have a lot fun, but we still wanted to accomplish A LOT more things that we did.

I think that when we are on summer break, I get it into my head that we don't have to do anything since we are on vacation and so our home goes down the drain! I seem to get SO much more done when I have things that I have to do.

I had an extra dog and an extra kid yesterday which put it at two dogs (the extra isn't fully house trained) and 3 kids (the extra is 8 months old). So, there was a lot going on. Well, I was able to get laundry done and mostly put away, dishes done and put away, (which, for me is a miracle...I don't know why I don't put dishes away.) I read my book for a while and played with the kids. I also kept things relatively organized, made Amish Friendship Bread and blogged. Go figure!

For some reason it is a lot easier to get stuff done when there is more going on. I don't know if I just feel that I need to get it done, now, or it won't happen. It still needs to keep happening when I am "relaxing".

I tend to get the same phenomenon when Aaron is home and relaxing. If he is relaxing, I want to be and I don't get as much done. If he is home and working on something, I tend to just get to work as well.

How is that??

BTW--I didn't get any requests for the free hat, so if you meant to enter and I just didn't get it, or whatever. Let me know and you win. Today is the last day!

2 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

I love the hats. Very colorful. Can't knit to save my soul but always wanted to learn. Talented people amaze me....

Anna said...

what a wonderful looking blog, i fell in love with it :)