In the August Ensign, I read about family search indexing. It is a system where people can make genealogical information available digitally. Now, it is on the original scanned documents.
It is really fun. You download the program (free) and then start. There is a short tutorial and then you are off. It is pretty easy and has a lot of built in features that make it even easier. All you have to do is type what you read. Sometimes the handwriting is difficult, but you just have to do your best. It is done by two people and then mediated if there are differences.
Another thing I like about it, is that I can help with genealogy without leaving my house!! It is great!
If you are interested, go to here.
P.S. Don't forget the contest!!
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is really something I've been meaning to do. For the past ten years. When, oh when, am I going to get up the nerve/time/energy to actually start?
It is really fun and addictive. I was doing some this morning and kept thinking that I should stop, but I just kept going.
It is easy and on my own computer.
Post a Comment