So, we took our van in to get a recalled part replaced on it and to get an oil change, at 8:30 this morning. We were told that it would only take about 15-20 minutes for the part and we guessed about the same for the oil. So, we stayed. We called my SIL to see if she was in town, but she wasn't. My MIL was willing to drive the 45 minutes to come get us, but we didn't think it was worth it to have her drive up, only to be done before she got there.
Well, it was worth the time. It was 11:40 am, when they called to say our van was ready!! In the meantime, we walked across the street to the only store close by. They only sold socks, so that didn't hold our interests for long. By this time, we were just going to wait for my SIL to come and we were going to go get something to eat...at the gas station. We hadn't eaten breakfast before we left and were planning to run to Wal-Mart for the eggs and milk we were lacking at home.
So, while we were walking the 4 blocks to the gas station, my MIL decided she was going to come help. We got some snacks (Skittles are a healthy breakfast, right??) and waited outside for our ride. I felt like a homeless person with my kids and I eating "breakfast" out by the sign.
We got home, we got exercise and we learned that we can't trust a repair shop to be timely...
On the up side, they seemed really honest! Our van has started to skip and she said we should test to see if the problem is the quality of gas, first. (The other things she said it could be are cheap as well...) We did learn that eventually we need to have about $550 worth of work done, but that is for the future...
I was so glad to have my mei tai with me!! Belle was SO much easier to carry and contain, that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll never forget the 4 1/2 HOURS all three kids (when they were 7,5,and 2!) spent at the repair shop because it was going to be "just 20 more minutes" about 15 times!!! That is still a VERY vivid memory for me. And not one I like visiting very often!!! Glad they treated you right in the end though.
That really stinks, I hate to wait with Ryan anywhere. Whenever I have to get the car worked on we usually will walk to Walmart or someplace close if there is a McDonalds.
Post a Comment