Our local library has a summer reading program again this year. If we read for 20 minutes per day, the kids can each get a free book after two weeks. They have really gotten into it and it has been pretty easy now that we are in the habit. I don't have to remember--they remember for us. They love to have books read to them. I think they'd listen until our voices gave out!! It is so nice to have them love books so much. Aaron and I are such book-lovers that we love that our children are following this habit.
Aaron and I have also been reading a lot this summer. We've both been reading young adult fiction by David Lubar and Neal Shusterman. They are both great authors and have written really interesting novels. I've read Dunk, Flip, Hidden Talents & True Talents by Lubar. Right now, I am reading Everlost by Shusterman.
Flip and True Talents are probably my favorites out of these, so far! You should check them out. As a warning: they are mostly free of language, but there is some violence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it is fantastic you are involved in their summer reading program. Funny, because our readership drops OFF in the summer and all we seem to do is snuggle up to a book in winter. Go figure...
Post a Comment