CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Third Trimester!!!

I have made it to the third trimester! It already feels like I've been pregnant for a long time, but at the same time, it is going by quickly. I guess since I'm trying to sell, buy and move to a new house, it makes the time go by busily!

So, we are on the way.

We are kind of settled on one name. Aaron has liked it from the beginning (he came up with it, but I have had to take a while to come around. It is a name that is very simple, and the other day, I realized that in some ways that is unique. With so many people making up their own names and spellings, it is different to be simpler. She'd also have a unique middle name. We tend to not like being trendy. Actually, if a name is on the top 10, we avoid it!

The thing that I think is funny, is that for as long as I have thought about naming children, I have loved female names that are kind of weird and male names that are more traditional. So far, we've named our boy something more weird and our girl(s) more traditional names. I

Naming can be so hard!

(Sorry for not divulging real names, we like to be careful about that kind of thing!)

4 comments:

Ice Cream said...

Our girls have unique names and our boys have very traditional names.

Right now, though we are completely stuck and can't think of any names for this coming little guy. It is starting to worry me.

tearese said...

DId you read my post when we were thinking of names for Joshua? I have the same thoughts: more traditional for boys, and different for girls. I was avoiding Joshua till the very end because its always on a top ten list, but lately it seems much less common that something like Aiden, or Ethan.
You never know when a name will sudenly be popular: we know three Ellies! (with differnt spellings) Also, three Avas.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Hooray for the third trimester.

Naming kids can always be a tough thing. If we were having a girl we already had a name picked out, but alas, it is a boy.

Amber said...

HURRRRAY for the home stretch! Here's to hoping there won't be tooooo much stretching these next weeks. :-)