CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday

Well, I don't have much to report. I didn't do any better on my goals than when they weren't goals. I mostly forgot to do them for most of the week.

I think I want a more concrete goal to go along with scripture reading. I still want scripture reading to be something that I do EVERYDAY without fail. That is something I definitely need in my life.

I also want to have my whole house better each day than the one before. I think I should at least take this one floor at a time. I'll start with downstairs. That is where we spend most of our time and what is the most visible. So, I want to tidy up (with the kids' help) the living room when the extra creatures are gone at the end of each day. I've heard several people say that they clean up after the kids are asleep so that it is nice in the morning, but at that time of night, I am too tired to care, much less do anything about it. I also want to keep the kitchen clean by actually getting around to empty the dishwasher and then refilling it as well.

So that's it. Scriptures, tidy living room and clean kitchen! I think that is manageable.

If you are new to SHS, go check out what everyone else is up to!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Those are great things to work on. I'm working on daily Bible reading too.

Have a SMART week.

Lara said...

I'm always too tired to pick up at night too. The only thing that gets me moving is if I talk to my sister on the phone. I can get the whole house clean and not even know I'm doing it!

Ter said...

good luck with your SHS! :)

Anonymous said...

these are great habits to work on. i like the idea of the kids helping to straighten up - i think it is important for them to pitch in when they pitch in making the mess too!

when i feel overwhelmed by cleaning i just set the time for 15 minutes and go at it until it rings. it is amazing how much can get done when you know you have a time limit! also i find that once i really get started i am willing to take a few extra minutes to finish.

good luck and have a terrific week.