CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

General Relief Society Conference

I was able to go to Salt Lake for the General Relief Society Conference* at the Conference Center. We were given tickets for the balcony section, but they had open seating and we got wonderful seats on the floor. I've never been able to attend in person before and it was a great experience!

I think two of the talks are going to be great for the lesson I have to teach in November. I want to talk about the importance of women and ho we can be better wives, mothers and sisters if we are first whole and complete people. I'll post my lesson when I have it done. It is a topic that has been on my mind for a long time.

I started feeling sick before the conference and now I am staying home from church. I hope I feel better, later.

*Relief Society is the organization for the women of our church. We are able to be organized to learn from each other and serve others.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I am so jealous you went to Women's Conference! But not about feeling ill. Feel better soon!

Ice Cream said...

I loved that the Visiting Teaching message in September talked about being complete too. I, all too often, am so much kinder to others than I am to myself. I've been playing a little game with myself lately: I try to talk to myself as if I were talking to a friend. So, instead of saying to myself, "Oh, this house is a mess, I am no good as a house wife." I now tell myself, "You have kids. Clean when you can and don't worry about what others may think." it is hard to do but I am so much happier when I do it.

tearese said...

I didn't get to watch the conference because my husband was at work and I needed to watch the kids. I'm sad I missed it! Thats great that you actually got to go.

Anonymous said...

It is so hard, sometimes to see that we need to be more kind to ourselves. As long as you are trying most of the time....I say have a mess. And, be lazy some of the time as well! We all need downtime.

Anonymous said...

oh that is so cool that you got to be there live in person! way jealous! :)

our reception at the chapel didn't work at first, so we missed the first 1 1/2 talks. but still glad i got to hear the rest at church.

feel better snookims,
kathleen :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.