Last night, while I was in the kitchen making dinner anyway, I decided to assemble a breakfast casserole so that we could have a nice breakfast. It was SO nice to wake up and just have to put it in the oven. I love cooking, but breakfast can get really boring. There's only so many waffles and pancakes you can eat before you'd rather just not eat. And then you're just hungry. So I'm always on the lookout for great breakfast recipes.
So, my happy thought for today is just that I loved being able to pop breakfast in the oven and get back in bed while it cooked! It's little but that's what this whole mission is all about!
Friday, March 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mmmm...breakfast casserole, yummy! What is your recipe. We love german pancakes, but I don't make them much, thanks for the motivation.
You layer hash browns (I don't know exactly how much, the recipe said "1 LG package"--I filled the baking dish about half full)and then 1 lb cooked sausage and cheddar cheese. Then, you pour 4-5 beaten eggs over the top. It should leak through all of the layers. I used a 8 X 11.5 sized pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, but it always takes longer for it to set up. Yum!
Post a Comment