A neighbor offered us peaches if we'd come to pick them. I jumped on the chance! I love peaches! It was a lot of fun, especially for Princess. She loves helping and this was a new experience for her.
I have been eating tons of peaches, since she and I are the only ones who will eat them in our house. I just
I even made freezer jam for the first time! It was so much easier than I thought it would be.
It is the most amazing tasting jam I have ever had. I most just eat it with a spoon. It isn't going to last very long...hate the super fuzz that is on non-store bought peaches.
I learned that the "fuzzy mouth" way!
3 comments:
Hooray for peaches! I love them too - I've got a whole bunch sitting in the kitchen ready to preserve. Maybe I need that recipe . . .
In my home ward in CA, we used to go peach-picking on the welfare farm. There's nothing quite like 8 hours of peach picking. Head to toe, covered in peach fuzz and sweat, and rotten peach juice (someone eventually starts throwing them). You go home hot, sticky, and unbelievably itchy. I've never been able to eat a peach since.
So. So. So. Jealous.
Post a Comment