CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

Advent Calendar

Thoroughly Mormon Millie asked that I post my advent calendar. I made it from my head using five different fabrics and made the pockets from 4 inch squares that I sewed together and attached to a background fabric. There is batting in the middle and ribbons along the top, I don't really like the way that I have decided to hang it, but that is how it will stay this year. The plan is to do one "deed" per day. Some of them I did duplicates and others are things that may or may not get done. I just wanted a way to accomplish all the traditions that we always want to do, but don't always get to.

Here's my list:

(I should have done a "Go look at Christmas lights", huh?)
Read the Christmas Story
Everyone do something nice for the person just older than you (oldest gets the youngest)
Everyone do something nice for the person just younger than you (youngest gets the oldest)
Make a yummy Christmas treat and share it with a friend
Watch a Christmas movie
Read a Christmas story
Make a Christmas Craft
Make a Christmas treat
Make a gingerbread house
Sing Christmas carols
Go caroling
Make and drink wassail
Learn about St. Nicholas
Learn about why we give gifts at Christmas
Take a treat to someone's door and run away
Read a favorite story about Jesus
Act out the Nativity
Play in the snow
Write a letter to someone who is away from home
Do a good deed
Read a Christmas article from the Friend or Ensign
Learn about Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith's Birthday (December 23rd)
Read the Christmas story in the Bible(December 24th)
Open Presents(December 25th)

Hope you have a great Christmas!!

1 comment:

Millie said...

Thanks, that's awesome. I remember seeing it on your other post. :) I love having a list of fun "to dos" along with the must do list.