CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

Strong Women

I love being a mom! But that is not all that I am. I can be a strong, educated person, with a life of my own as well. I don't have to simply wash, wipe, and cook because I chose to stay home with my kids. I am not implying that I don't like to do these things. (well, I hate dishes) I love to cook, teach my children, take care of my home, husband and kids. BUT, I am more than these things. I know women who have the goal of being wives and mothers, but seen to have no other aspirations in life. My question is: what do YOU do all day? I am a stay at home mom, but I don't just sit and stare at my kids and clean all day. I do a lot of that, because they are young, but I do things that I enjoy as well. I need to be a complete person, too. I can't raise complete, healthy individuals if I am not one myself! I have interests and hobbies. I am going to teach a community class. I just got my bachelor's degree. I rarely get bored--I have too many things that I like to do. I hope that all women, especially those who choose to stay home with their children can learn that they need to and can be accomplished, educated women!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!